Sunday, February 9, 2014

Pirate Ship Cake

It's early spring, which means birthday time in our house. The kids get to pick what I try to make.

The first choice for our son (4) was a pirate ship cake.

I based it on these instructions, and partially also this design.

As usual for a novelty cake I bought a cake mix, and also pre-made chocolate frosting.

I baked the mix in a baking tray, and cut into four pieces.


Shaped the pieces like a ship.


Sandwiched with some of the frosting, and cocktail sticks to help. 


That's all the layers on. This went into the fridge for a while before frosting (with frosting at room temperature). 


Covered in frosting, with portholes (rolos) and railings on the deck (rolos+flakes). Back into the fridge to set like this.


And here's the finished result. I'm pretty pleased with this one.  





No comments:

Post a Comment